NTI COVID-19 Updates
COVID-19: tips on working from home
As a valued partner, NTI is prepared to support your business in the event a work-from-home is initiated. Here are some suggestions to help with the transition:
– Verify employees have reliable internet service at home, such as Verizon FiOS or Comcast Xfinity.
– Employees that do not have company-issued laptops, we suggest moving their office computer home and connecting it to their home router, wired preferred. It is NOT recommended to allow staff to utilize home computers to work from home, as they may be without the proper protection and introduce viruses, malware, or ransomware to your network over a VPN connection.
– Coordinate with NTI to configure VPN connections on a case-by-case basis.
– Contact us if you need to purchase employees home office printers/scanners.
– Contact your office phone vendor to verify whether or not your VoIP phones will work over the internet from outside the office. If so, advise staff to take them home with their computers, and plug in the same as they were in the office. If not, inquire about call forwarding to cell phones.
– Consider using Skype for team collaboration. If you don’t already have an account, see https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA12413/how-do-i-create-a-new-account-for-skype. Another team messaging tool is Slack, which our team uses. It does not include video conferencing, but it’s a little easier to manage… https://slack.com/
– In some cases, we may need to set up video chat with end users to provide support. We recommend a cross-platform app such as Google Duo. We will be prepared to schedule a Duo video call as needed.
Please continue to use our direct contact for support by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. As in the past, please try to have support requests continue to be submitted by one primary or one secondary point of contact.
NTI is here for you, ready to support your business under any circumstance. We will get through this together. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you have any questions, concerns, or need anything else.
The NTI team is committed to supporting the safest and most productive work environment that will enable ourselves and our customers to help reduce the spread of the virus while keep businesses open.
We work remotely whenever possible, and when on-site, we wear masks and social distance as much as possible. We ask that our customers do the same when our team is on-site.
nti supports your small business
Tell us how we can help . . .
we've got it from here.